Dennis Van der Meer
Dennis Van der Meer has over 40 years of experience teaching everyone from novice to Grand Slam champion. Known as the "Pro's Pro", Dennis has taught more people how to play and teach tennis than any other person in the history of the game.
- Founder of the Professional Tennis Registry
- Instructional editor for numerous world-wide publications
- Citation from the U.S. State Department for furthering international relations through sports education
- Honorary doctorate from the University of Greenwich, England for contributions to sports science tennis education
- Tennis Hall of Fame inductions for South Carolina, Southern Section, and North California
- Tennis Educational Merit Award from the International Tennis Hall of Fame
- U.S. Olympic committee honoree as the "Developmental Coach of the Year"
- 2007 Nominee for Induction in the International Tennis Hall of Fame in the Special Contributors category
"Dennis Van der Meer is the number one tennis teacher. He has influenced the entire tennis teaching world with his innovative techniques." (-Billie Jean King, World Champion) Dennis coached Billie Jean when she won the Battle of the Sexes. He was portrayed by Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute of NBC's hit comedy, The Office) in the TV movie When Billie Beat Bobby.
Dennis continues to be a strong precense on court when he is in residence.